I was inspired to create these tasty muffins as I was preparing for a 5 hour flight for which I would be leaving my house at 5 a.m. I knew it would be too early for my usual breakfast smoothie, and I was already planning on packing a PB&J sandwich for later in the day….what would I eat for breakfast?? God knows there wouldn’t be options on the plane. Sure, I could have brought Starbuck’s oatmeal or McDougall’s instant oatmeal (great for travel) on with me but I wanted something different; something substantial, not too sweet, and didn’t need to be warmed. Thus, these Cinnamon-Raisin Oatmeal Muffins were born!
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup Sucanat dried cane juice
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 TBS lemon juice
- 1/2 cup (heaping) applesauce
- 1/2 cup (heaping) mashed banana
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Whisk together flour, oats, Sucanat, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, allspice and nutmeg.
- In a blender, combine applesauce, banana, non-dairy milk, lemon juice, maple syrup and vanilla.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and stir to combine. Fold in raisins.
- FIll muffin tins and, if desired, sprinkle oats, cinnamon and sugar on top. Bake 21-23 minutes.
Share this Recipe