Farmer’s market had incredible organic strawberries, and it’s Sunday. Seems obvious to me that pancakes should be created and consumed. And so it was.
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose gluten-free flour see Notes
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 TBS chia seeds
- 9 TBS water
- 8-10 med-large strawberries diced
- Mix chia seeds and water together and let sit.
- Whisk together dry ingredients until well combined.
- Mix together non-dairy milk, chia/water and vanilla until well combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix well. Fold in strawberries.
- Drop 1/4-1/3 cups full onto heated non-stick griddle or skillet. Flip after a few minutes and continue to cook a few more minutes.
I made my own flour by combining 1/2 cup oat flour, 1/2 cup millet flour and 1/2 cup brown rice flour, but you may use a store-bought blend.
Share this Recipe
Not sure what I did wrong. I used Cup 4 Cup Gluten Free Flour. I cooked them for a very long time and they still did not get done in the middle or look like yours. 🙁
I’m sorry you didn’t have good luck with these, Ellen! I will say they are more moist and dense than traditional fluffy and light pancakes.