This sauce is delicious with steamed veggies, on noodles or tofu scramble.
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/3-1/2 cup water or non-dairy milk
- 2 TBS lemon juice
- 2-3 TBS nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp (heaping) garlic powder
- 1 tsp (heaping) onion powder
- 1 tsp miso
- Soak cashews in water 1-2 hours. Drain and combine all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth and creamy (no need to soak cashews if you have a Vita-Mix or other high-speed blender).
- Play around with the ingredients. To make a thicker, more spreadable consistency, use less water/milk and or add thickener such as arrowroot, guar gum, flour, etc.
Share this Recipe