A few weeks ago Engine 2 (Rip Esselstyn’s baby) announced they would be conducting a recipe contest. The entries had to include at least one ingredient from the Engine 2 line of foods (available at Whole Foods – try them if you haven’t!), be plant-based (duh), oil-free, low-fat and low-sodium. I was familiar with the line of foods they offered and immediately got the idea for a recipe to enter into the contest. It was announced today that my recipe was chosen as the Grand Prize Winner!! http://engine2diet.com/the-daily-beet/ So fun and exciting!
The folks at E2 will be sharing this recipe with their readers, and I am sharing it now with you. It’s very easy, and delicious! Enjoy!
E2 Stuffed Portobellos w/ Hummus Gravy
By August 20, 2013Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
This recipe uses Engine 2 frozen Fiesta Blend, and Engine 2 Jalapeño-Cilantro Hummus, currently available at Whole Foods, but any of their varieties (they have 3 of each) would work.
- 4 large portobello mushrooms
- several pinches salt and pepper
- 1/2 medium-sized onion diced small
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 bag Engine 2 frozen Fiesta Blend
- 2 cups spinach chopped
- 2 TBS nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup Engine 2 Jalapeño-Cilantro Hummus
- 3 TBS water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Wash mushrooms, gently scoop out gills and stem. Dry upside down while oven heats up.
- Place mushrooms, gill side facing up, on baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Bake 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, saute onion over medium heat in dry skillet, about 5 minutes or until opaque, adding small amounts of water to keep from sticking. Add garlic and cook 1 more minute.
- Add E2 Fiesta Blend, spinach and nutritional yeast to onion and garlic; cook 5 minutes.
- When mushrooms have been in the oven 10 minutes, remove and pour off excess liquid from each mushroom. They'll be hot so use caution, or I've found a turkey baster works well at sucking up the liquid without disturbing the fragile/hot mushrooms.
- Divide Fiesta Blend mixture among each mushroom. Bake for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine Engine 2 hummus and 3 TBS water and stir until smooth. Microwave 20 seconds; stir and warm another 20-25 seconds.
- Pour hummus gravy over each mushroom and serve!!
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress